Prayer is essential for the success of any ministry such as this, specifically:
- for the Pastors – their well-being, safety in travel, wisdom and insight when over-seeing the groups;
- for the groups – they should be self-governing, self-resourcing and self-promoting;
- that churches may develop from these groups;
- for individuals – that they might obtain sobriety through a spiritual awakening, accept Jesus as their saviour, and remain sober;
- for families – that there might be a healing of relationships and forgiveness;
- for communities – that they might prosper;
- that the name of the Lord Jesus might be glorified.
Funding is necessary for a number of aspects of this work, including:
- the cost of transport for the pastors when they travel to the various communities. Often the villages are remote – a two hour journey by motor cycle or taxi is not unusual.
- the start-up costs of group projects. The question is often asked, “What are we going to do if we don’t drink”? A projective project such as horticulture can provide purpose and group unity.
- special events such as sports days. Such are particularly appropriate as they can be family occasions, strengthening relationships.
- general expenses of the groups, including hire of facilities, bibles and other literature.
If you would like to support this work the simplest means to do so is by Direct Bank transfer – to Links International Projects Account, giving the reference 3093
Sort code – 30-99-86 Account no – 00432695
Or visit www.linksinternational.org.uk. Click on Act4You.
Click on “Donate” half way down the page, fill in your details, and importantly enter 3093 in the comments box.