Pastor Stephen writes:
There are now 22 groups meeting together, based in nine centres.
- The groups in Mayenze have increased by three and the spouses group has divided, as they were advised at the last visit. They are active with their projects which include drama, brick making and breeding pigs.
- Some people come from distant areas, which allows Pastor Stephen the opportunity to establish new churches.
- Lives and relationships are being healed: a girl from Mayenze has rejoined her family home and returned to school; one who was in prison is now sober and works in a hair salon; in Bugema a husband who was a Muslim has recovered and accepted Jesus as Lord; a wife and mother called Sharon who had left home has returned to her family; a young Muslim couple have married and are living peacefully with their first child; a man who used to drink now uses the money to educate his children, giving all the glory to God.
- Pastor Stephen re-visited Sigunga, where on the last visit in October 2018 teaching was impossible because the drunkards
who did not want the teaching played amplified music and beat drums very loud. This was particularly frustrating as the community was very remote and difficult to reach, with treacherous roads and steep inclines. Nevertheless Stephen made the hazardous trip and was successful, teaching not only those with the problem and their families, but also local pastors. The son of
one of these pastors has returned to home and to his school; he is now working with Pastor Stephen giving his testimony and taking photos.
- The new groups which were started last year in Magale are doing well with testimonies from two people who were addicted to both drugs and alcohol. One has returned to school and is showing promise to the extent that he has received Government sponsorship for a course of study.
Pastor Stephen has a vision to grow the ministry to operate from 14 centres, increasing the number of groups, and establish new churches.
May the gracious Father who we love and serve grant us to see success as He brings this into being. May there be healing and freedom, in Jesus’ name.